Bananas Over You - Muffins
I adapted a recipe I found online for oatmeal banana muffins and wanted to share it with you. My biggest problem when making banana muffins from recipes found on Pinterest or elsewhere is: they never taste enough like banana - so I decided to switch it up a little, add a little more banana, take out some sugar, replace with whole wheat flour & use greek yogurt over sour cream. Another little secret: I use white chocolate chips - sounds bananas, right? Try it for yourself!
What You'll Need:
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 1/2 Cup
Quick Oats - 1 Cup
Brown Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Baking Powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - 1/2 Tsp
Cinnamon - 1 tsp (or to preferred taste)
Bag of white chocolate chips
Bananas - x4 Large
Eggs - x2
Butter - x4 Tbsp (softened)
Greek Yogurt - 1 Cup
Vanilla - 1 1/2 Tsp
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Begin by combining the dry ingredients.
2. I use my Sage Spoonfuls blender to blend the wet ingredients - blending them ensures there are no chunks and all ingredients are properly dispersed.
3. Once completely blended mix both wet and dry ingredients into the same bowl.
4. Pour in the bag of white chocolate chips (save a handful to decorate the tops of the muffins)
5. Pour muffin mixture into muffin pan, fill to about 3/4 full.
6. Place a couple chocolate chips on the tops of the muffins & sprinkle some oatmeal to decorate them before they go into the oven.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 - check them around 12 minutes to see if you need longer.
Makes about 24 muffins.