3 Ingredient Cookies
Jaxzen is quite selective, and I constantly worry about if she has enough to eat during the day. For snacks I typically give her apples, cucumbers, cheese, crackers and pickles or Love Child Organics Oaty Chomp granola bars. Since having her my outlook on what goes into our bodies should mostly be filled with nutrients. Jax has never had any sweets, but who doesn't love a little sweet treat? That's when I figured I'd make her "cookies" from her oatmeal & favorite food pouch. It is very simple, the recipe does not take long, she absolutely loves these cookies, and I feel like the best mom for making something "from scratch". Win. Win. Win.
What you need:
- One food pouch (our favorite is Baby Gourmet Apple Cinnamon & Chia)
- One cup of oatmeal (I try to get the one with the most nutrients and hide them in the cookies)
- Blackberries or Blueberries (I put them on top as pretend chocolate chips and it adds a little flavor)
What to do:
- Combine oatmeal and food pouch in a bowl
- Mix together until almost a flaky consistency, sometimes you might have to add a little more oatmeal.
- One tablespoon makes a decent size cookie
- Place on cookie sheet and sprinkle the fruit toppings
- Bake at 325F for about 25 minutes
- Check on them at 15 minutes
To be completely honest, I always forget them in the oven, because, well, Mom Life/Mom Brain. But! I've found that at a lower heat for a longer time has the best results. Just keep checking on them periodically until the bottom is a golden brown and the top of the cookie is a bit crispy. You cannot mess these up: too soft - no worries, there's nothing raw, too crispy - call it a granola bar & pat yourself on the back for making something homemade!
We love these quick snacks, easy to take with you and to snack on at home!